Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Delighted Momma DIY Thyme Clear Complexion Toner



I love the blog Delighted Momma, which is written by an esthetician who favors natural and organic skincare products. Lindsay of Delighted Momma posts DIY skin care types from time to time and today I finally got to try one out - the Thyme Clear Complexion Toner!

The recipe is super simple and the ingredients are easy to find - Apple Cider Vinegar (organic cold pressed is best) and thyme! I found both of these items at Whole Foods for under $6 and the amount I purchased is enough for at least 5 batches.

To make the toner you heat 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then add 3 TBSP of thyme and let sit for up to 2 hours. Then strain into a bottle and enjoy! It took me about 2 minutes to mix up the toner, and now it's sitting happily in my garage steeping away. I do have to admit, the aroma of hot vinegar and thyme is pretty gnarly (hence the mixture got banished to the garage), but I'm excited to see the finished product. Lindsay recommends keeping the toner in the fridge to ensure freshness, and I bet the chill of the fridge will take the edge off the vinegar scent.

Do you have any DIY beauty treatments or recipes? I'd love to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment